How to lose 30 pounds in 2 months can begin with avoiding snacking when you are in bad mood.
Are you a typical of individual in this category?
Eating or snacking can be a good way to relieve your stress, but it can be dangerous for your body and your health.
When eating with stressed mind, you can hardly measure the amount of calorie you take.
As a result, you take more foods than your body needs on a day.
Being overweight can be a stressful condition.
You can hardly feel confident wearing party gowns that expose your legs or arms.
Consequently, your personal, social, and professional life can be adversely affected.
If you are overweight by more than 30 pounds, you have no choice but to shed them off your body.
Otherwise, negative effects on your health are one-step closer.
How to Lose 30 Pounds in 2 Months: 7 Tips to Follow
Dieting is about planning healthy meals and physical exercises.
However, when it comes to shedding large amount of calorie, you need to learn how the numbers work.
Reducing 30 pounds in 2 months means that you have to plan the meal for 60 days.
So, how many calories to lose in one day?
Here is the calculation…
One pound equals about 3500 calories; so, 30 pounds means 105,000 calories.
To lose them in 60 days, you have to lose at least 1750 calories per day.
This is certainly a hard job, but with commitment, it is achievable.
Does it mean that you have to take only 750 calories a day while your body is used to taking 2500 calories a day?
Dieting does not mean starving!
Instead, it means losing weight in a healthy way.
The next sections will show you the way.
1. Identify the Triggering Factors
If you know the main factors that trigger weight gain, you can avoid them to lose weight.
Many factors many be responsible for weight gain, but the most common one is lifestyles.
They include snacking while watching TV, big meals at night, drinking sweetened beverages, lack of physical exercises, and many more.
If you know how to lose 30 pounds in 2 months, you can begin by avoiding bad eating habits that trigger your weight gain.
For instance, if you love snacking while watching TV, you can consider replacing the high-calorie chocolate or cookies with healthy fruits.
In other words, you do not need to skip meals; instead, you just need to replace the ‘contents’ of the meals with healthier choices.
2. Set Realistic Targets
Overall, you have 60 days to achieve the targets of losing 30 pounds.
You have to lose a half-pound a day.
However, instead of setting daily targets and make your mind overwhelmed with them, setting weekly or monthly target is more realistic.
You do not have to stand on the scale everyday.
Standing on the scale and seeing that you weight remains similar may discourage your feeling.
For instance, you can split the targets into two: 50,000 calories in the first month and 55,000 calories in the second one.
Then, you can split the monthly targets further into weekly targets.
To keep yourself motivated, avoid setting big goal at the first two weeks.
3. Know Your Basal Numbers
It is not easy to determine how many calories your body needs for a day.
For this, you can use Basal Metabolic Rate calculator, which is available online.
The BMR calculator estimates your daily calorie needs based on your current weight, age, gender, height, and level of physical activities.
Knowing your BMW is crucial before setting the targets.
Take, for instance, BMR calculator shows that your body’s current calorie needs are 2500 calories.
Then, to lose about 1750 calories on a day, it does not mean that you can only eat foods that contain 750 calories during the day as a solution on how to lose 30 pounds in 2 months.
This makes your body starving and lack of energy to do your routines.
Instead, you can reduce the daily calorie intake by 750 calories by means of foods and reduce another 1000 calories by means of physical exercises.
In other words, you consume foods that contain 1750 calories during the day.
Of course, it is very logical to plan healthy meals that provide you with 1750 calories and deliver enough energy to do your activities.
4. Plan Your Meals Smartly
After setting the target calorie intake, the next step is planning your meals.
Remember that you will have to burn another 1000 calories by physical exercises.
So, the meals must provide you with the right energies for them.
The best choices are fulfilling and nutritionally rich foods, including:
- Whole grains, including brown rice, oatmeal, millet, whole-wheat pasta or whole-wheat bread, barley, and many more.
- Watery vegetables, such as red cabbage, spinach, peppers, cauliflowers, eggplant, and many more. Besides supplementing high fibers and nutrition, these vegetables hydrate your body, thus preventing dehydration after physical exercises.
- High-protein foods, such as nuts, tofu, eggs, fatless chicken breast, flank steak, and many more. Protein keeps you full longer and maintains muscular integrity. Protein prevents the loss of lean muscle while you are losing weight by doing intense physical exercises.
5. Plan Your Physical Exercises Smartly
Losing 1000 calories by means of a single physical exercise can drop your stamina.
Therefore, you need to plan them in the right way.
For instance, you can begin burning some calories by walking, running, or biking in the morning, before you do your activities.
Morning exercises encourage your metabolic process, thus making the fat-burning process easier.
The following are some smart tips for planning physical exercises as a way on how to lose 30 pounds in 2 months:
- Interval training; this refers to varying your speed while running. It burns more fats than running around for an hour at the same track. You can also do interval training when walking and biking.
- Do strength training; this allows you to burn more calories by building more muscles. Your body looks better and more toned. In addition, strength training allows your body to burn more calories even after the workout session is complete.
- Do the training when you feel most energized. Never do physical exercises when you feel tired. This only makes your body more exhausted. Instead, do them when you have most energy. Some people do exercises in the morning, while others prefer physical exercises at night. The choice is yours.
6. Have Enough Sleep
Studies show that dieters who have enough sleep do better than those who lack of sleep.
Lack of sleep encourages your body to release a type of hormone called ghrelin.
This hormone, when accumulated in your body because of prolonged lack of sleep, will make your feel hungry easier and keep more fats in your body.
…the result is predictable: WEIGHT GAIN!
As mentioned above, one of the ways on how to lose 30 pounds in 2 months is identifying factors that trigger weight gain.
If your suspect lack of sleep as one of the triggers, then make sure that your body gets enough sleep from now on.
The same principle applies even you want to lose 40 pounds 2 months or more aggressive targets.
The following are some tips to have enough sleep:
- You can begin by setting regular time to go to bed. Set a reminder several minutes before go-to-bed time every night.
- Maintain the same go-to-bed and wake-up time during the weekdays and weekends.
- Avoid doing hard activities one hour before bedtime.
- Avoid eating large meals a couple of hours before bedtime.
7. Drink More Water and Only Water
Dietitians often warn that liquid calories are even more dangerous than the solid one.
You have to drink more water to keep your body adequately hydrated.
In addition, avoid high-calorie beverages, like soft drinks, sweetened fresh juice, canned juice, energy drinks, regular milk, and other drinks with added sugar.
Furthermore, drinking water at the right time is important.
Drink two glasses of water half an hour before every meal to avoid overeating.
Drink two glasses of water before breakfast for detox purpose.
Overall, drink at least twelve glasses of water every day, and drink only water.
Of course, tips to lose weight fast are not limited to the abovementioned ways.
You still have to do more things to make sure that your diet process goes on the track.